Friday, November 22, 2019

First harvests of the season

A few days ago I harvested the first ready varieties of the season. It is an exciting time. The next ones should be ready in a couple of weeks.


 Toffee Apple was the first to be harvested. They didn't colour up as well as I would have expected but what can you do, lol.

I harvested three beds and left two for if I run out as I will be offering them for sale mid Dec.

If you are interested in seeing the video of me harvesting, here is the link

Toffee apple potato reveal

This is one I named 'Little Aussie'. It is not a good producer but it is pretty and tastes great.

I am keeping nearly all my new varieties this year just to keep a bank of genes for people to breed from.

Here is a video of my harvest of these. I really should have waited another couple of weeks as they are a bit small, but I will leave the next crop to grow bigger.

Little Aussie potato reveal


I will let you know when I am harvesting more.



No comments:

Post a Comment