Thursday, November 14, 2019

Just a quick update

Sorry I have not been posting much lately, the cold weather and chilly nights have continued much longer than normal and the potatoes aren't growing fast.

I planted out some of the TPS seedlings yesterday and will do some more tomorrow. They are still small because of the cool weather but it should warm up soon and they will be away.
Because of the limited room I have right now I can only plant out 100 of each diploids and tetras but at least it is something.


 Although the camera didn't capture it, one of the potatoes this year has unusual, creamy yellow flowers with a light purple centre.

It looks quite pretty and I hope that better light will allow me to show you teh real colour when I next take a pic of it.








One of the varieties I noticed last year produces heaps of flowers for a long time and would look great in an ornamental flower garden.

I don't have a picture of the tubers but they must have been good for me to have selected it to plant out another year. It might turn out to be a good all purpose plant.











Some of the varieties are starting to tuberise now. They are a bit slower than usual, probably because of the cold weather and I am looking forward to the harvest.



















No comments:

Post a Comment