Sunday, November 3, 2019

Weeding and hoeing, and waiting

Yesterday I went out while it was nice and chipped (hoed) between all the beds on the block to keep the weeds down. Just this little part shows how much nicer it looks when the beds are clean.


They look much neater now and I checked how the plants were tuberising while I was at it. The earliest flowers have tiny, pea sized tubers starting to grow.

I think that in about ten days the seedlings should be big enough to plant out into the ground so that will fill up the block.

The grass is beginning to germinate (it is always later than other weeds) so I have to keep on top of it or it will grow out of control.


I have a particular fondness for blue flowers on potatoes. I know that at least one blue flowered variety produces lilac skinned tubers which also look great.

Can't wait to see what variety I get in the tubers this year.











No comments:

Post a Comment